• As an EU/EEA/Swiss/UK student studying in the Czech Republic, you are entitled to medically necessary (not full) healthcare. Medically necessary healthcare includes everything that is medically required by the patient's medical condition and that is similarly provided under the Czech public health insurance system. The scope of care provided is based on the expected duration of stay in the Czech Republic. The scope of care is primarily determined by the attending physician.

  • If you are:

    • A foreigner from a Contracting State with entitlement to health services, you are entitled to health services in the Czech Republic to the extent necessary and urgent on the basis of registration via form .../CZ 111*
    • A foreigner from a Contracting State with no entitlement to health services must be covered by commercial insurance
    • A foreigner from a non-contracting state must take out commercial insurance for health services

    * the form is used only for Contracting States whose abbreviation appears in the name of the form, e.g. TR/CZ 111

  • If you are participating in the Czech public health insurance system as an employee, please visit any VZP Czech Republic client office and apply for an insurance card.